"Families Forever" is engraved on the inside of my husband's wedding bands, as well as our wedding date of 08-08-08. I couldn't fit "Families Forever" on the inside of mine, so I settled for "DL + AL 8-8-08".
Last week our family went to the Boston Temple to be sealed together for Time and Eternity. It has been something I have longed for even before I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints.
I remember the first day I was introduced to the Families are Forever notion, I was sitting in the living room of an old apartment in Bangor, Maine when the missionaries told me that it was possible to become an eternal family even though Juliette had not been born in the covenant. I was estatic, but like most things- there was a catch! Not only would I have to marry, but I'd have to marry in the temple!
Getting married was the last thing I had in mind-being a single mother, working full-time, and going to school full-time, but I kept the idea in the back of my mind (for future use).
About two years later, I got engaged to Daniel. I knew we would be married in the temple so I thought why not have Juliette sealed the same day? It wasn't that easy. I was told that in order to have Juliette sealed to us, her biological father would have to give up legal rights to her which I knew he would not agree to. So once again, I kept the idea in the back of my mind...
Until about a month ago.
A month ago I learned that it was possible to seal Juliette to Dan and I in the temple for Time and Eternity. Without going through the legal system, without giving up parental rights! What a BLESSING this is to our family! I am thankful for the temples that exist here on earth in these latter days so that people may covenant with Heavenly Father and so that families can be sealed together. 
No comments:
Post a Comment