Dan and I met through our church's YSA (Young Single Adults) group. I was hosting a dessert party at my place and Dan came. I didn't recognize him from our ward and later found out that he was a student at UMaine, but had been living in Winthrop that semester. After our dessert party, Dan kept showing up to more of the church activities. And on May Day I came home to find this thoughtful, little May basket on my front porch. I thought: "Aww, how nice it was for one of the Relief Society members (who are all female) to give out May baskets. It never crossed my mind that a man could have put together this cute little package. With a poem. Bubbles. Chocolate. A kite for Juliette. Among other things. It was the most thoughtful idea and I kept asking around (to at least thank the mystery person), but no one would claim the gift. I even became so desperate to find the person that I started asking my peers, in fact, I was at Institute one evening asked before class. Again, nobody spoke up. I think months must have passed by when I discovered the following evidence on Dan's facebook.






Thats my house!
I was speechless. And this is how our courtship began...
No comments:
Post a Comment