Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Finally!

My midwife and I have been in a disagreement over when I should have my "20" week ultrasound. She insisted that I wait until 25 weeks and I insisted that I have it before or after my next appointment with her, at 23 weeks. I figured that's a fair compromise, right? So after several phone calls and lots of whining, I was able to schedule it, despite her hesitation.

Most ultrasounds are done between 19-20 weeks, but clearly things are done differently at this place. For instance, I never had a first trimester ultrasound. I never did the genetic tests, prenatal screens, or blood work that would normally take place if I was being seen by a physician. I'm okay with less tests and needle sticks; I say the less invasive, the better! But when it comes to seeing my baby on a screen, I can't wait! It's like Christmas! I just want to sneak a peak before I get to open the present on the BIG day!

So anyway, my ultrasound has been scheduled for next Tuesday.

What do you think, boy or girl?

No comments: