On December 16th, my family and I (including my mom) drove down to Boston, MA to see The Nutcracker ballet at the Boston Opera House. I loved driving through the city to see all the lit up buildings and beautiful Christmas lights. It looked so festive! Juliette was in awe as we drove through one of the city's tunnels. I think that must have been her favorite part...until we walked through the doors of the opera house. What a piece of work this place was. Luckily, I was able to capture a few shots of the foyer. Cameras were not permitted into the auditorium itself, so I captured as many as I could before hand. I could have spent hours looking at the architecture and the various pieces of artwork. It was like a museum. Just mesmerizing!
The performance was exquisit! I cannot say enough about the orchestra, the choreography, and the costumes! All were so mentally stimulating I found myself fighting off dreams about the Nutcracker all night as I was trying to sleep. I'm so thankful that my family and I were able to experience such a wonderful piece of work!
Juliette has been asking for her very own Nutcracker for the past two Christmas's. Finally someone (Nini) gave in. Juliette was so happy to have her very own Nutcracker to sit with her throughout the performance.
I had a wonderful time, thank you mom for the wonderful Christmas gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment