Last Friday our family drove to Manchester to watch the New Hampshire Fisher Cats play the Conneticut Defenders. It was a great game; the Fisher Cats have some serious talent, I wont be surprised if some of their players (4 and 44) end playing for the Toronto Blue Jays sometime soon. Of course this is based off of what my husband is saying because even as I write this post, I'm asking him all the questions. I'm clueless when it comes to Double-A leagues...or baseball in general. Although, I'd like to take some credit, I did manage and keep book for my high school's baseball team.
We had front row seats by the bull pen where the pitchers for the Defenders were warming up. It was pretty cool to watch them. Juliette kept commenting on how the baseball players were littering by spitting on the ground. She thought that was pretty gross.
Between innings, people would come out onto the field to entertain us. We watched sumo wrestling, potato sack races, human sandwhich building, foot races, and some others.
During the game the Fisher Cats team hit a couple home runs which rewarded everyone at the game with a free quesadilla from D'Angelo's and free frech fries from McDonalds.
We had a lot of close encounters with foul balls. At one point I dropped my camera because a ball was coming straight at us. Luckily (for me) it went behind us, but I have to say, all the stress paid off because after the game a player from the Defenders came over and gave Juliette a baseball.
And after that, we watched fire works!
No comments:
Post a Comment